Suffered an On-the-Job Injury?

What Should I Do if I Am Injured on the Job?

Help from a Concord Workers' Compensation Attorney

If you are injured on the job, you need to report the injury to your employer immediately. Tell your supervisor exactly what happened and what diagnosis you have received. If you are suffering from an illness or injury that occurred after the accident, you will want to report it as soon as you learn of your condition or make the connection that the illness is due to your job.

In some cases, your injury may be severe and it may be important to seek emergency medical treatment. Tell the healthcare provider to treats you for a workplace injury that the injury or illness is job-related.

Why report your injury?

Reporting your injury helps to prevent problems and delays in receiving workers' compensation benefits. You may need medical care to treat your injury or illness, and reporting the injury right away will ensure that you get the care you need.

What if you don't report your injury?

If you fail to report your injury within 30 days of its occurrence, you may lose your opportunity to receive workers' compensation benefits. Also, your employer will not be able to fully investigate the injury if you procrastinate in making the accident known.

After Emergency Treatment

After you have received any emergency treatment, you will need to fill out a claim form and present it to your employer. This form will help to ensure you get workers' compensation that is appropriate after your injury. Your employer is required by law to provide you with this claim form within one working day of learning of your injury or illness. If he or she fails to present you with the form, you can download it online.

Call a Concord workers' compensation attorney at The Law Offices of Darrin M. Gamradt, P.C. today if you want more information about reporting workers' compensation claims or need guidance in pursuing damages after an on-the-job accident. You can also learn more about the steps you should take following a workplace accident by visiting our FAQ page.

Contact The Law Offices of Darin M. Gamradt, P.C. Today

Going the Extra Mile to Exceed Your Expectations