Can I Take My Employer To Court For My Injuries/Losses

Workers' compensation law protects employers from lawsuits from employees, but not under all conditions or situations. If your employer has engaged in some type of reckless or intentional action and you suffered an injury, you may still have the right to sue for damages in civil court. This type of legal action often recovers far higher amounts of compensation, as you can sue for all types of damages, including pain and suffering, or pursue punitive damages if criminal negligence is involved.

If your employer did not carry workers' compensation insurance, you can take your case to civil court and seek compensation for all damages. If there were other liable parties beyond your employer, such as an equipment manufacturer, utilities company, subcontractor, manufacturer of chemical substances or other party that could also be sued so you could recover more than what you will get in benefits from workers' compensation.

Your employer is required to adhere to state safety standards, and every industry has different requirements. Should there be a serious departure that endangers employees, and it is fully established that your employer completely failed to protect you from harm, it may be possible to sue the employer for intentional or egregious conduct. It is worth your while to have your case reviewed by a professional Concord workers' compensation lawyer so you are certain of what could be done in your case. As workers' compensation benefits are quite low, the ability to pursue other types of compensation can be extremely beneficial, particularly for families that depend upon the income produced to survive.

Contact The Law Offices of Darrin M. Gamradt, P.C. for immediate assistance in workers' compensation cases. We can review the facts and advise you of the various forms of compensation that could be available to you with our help.

Related Posts
  • Do I Have To Be At My Place Of Employment To Be Covered By Worker's Comp? Read More
  • What Is The Time Limit For Filing A Workers' Comp Claim? Read More
  • How To Start A Claim For Workers' Compensation Read More