Alimony Modification

Alimony Modification

Divorce Attorney in Concord, NC

When you encounter changes in your living situation, you may need to ask for a modification in the amount of alimony you are paying or receiving. Post judgment modifications are available to facilitate these changing needs, but the onus is on the spouse asking for a modification to provide sufficient evidence warranting a change. Whether you need to raise or lower your ordered alimony amount, a Concord divorce attorney can help with the entire process to ensure your best chance of success.

At The Law Offices of Darrin M. Gamradt, P.C. you have access to an experienced and trusted legal team that prioritizes your needs. The firm can help you navigate state laws regarding divorce issues and offer you critical third party advice so you make decisions based in reality and not out of hurt or anger. Trust the firm to protect your rights and future when you encounter a family law problem.

Demonstrating the Need for Modification

You will need to demonstrate to the court that your particular situation merits a modification. Many elements may be offered as evidence of a substantial change in your finances.

Factors can include:

  • Loss of a job
  • Remarriage
  • Relocation of you or your former spouse

You will need documentation to support your need for a change in the amount of alimony ordered, especially considering your former spouse will likely be unwilling to pay more or accept less support.

The Firm is Ready to Fight for You

When alimony becomes too burdensome, you need the support of a Concord divorce lawyer to push the court to modify your order. The firm has the tools necessary to fight for you and demonstrate that your situation is such that you need to pay less to your spouse or should receive more from them.

When your financial wellbeing is at stake, trust The law Offices of Darrin M. Gamradt, P.C. to work with you in handling your case for modification of spousal support.

Speak with the firm today for your free case evaluation—(888) 372-1301!

Contact The Law Offices of Darin M. Gamradt, P.C. Today

Going the Extra Mile to Exceed Your Expectations